Associate Professor of History
20th-Century American diplomacy, the Cold War, and Race Politics in the United States
Rutgers University (PhD, 2002)
Office: Social Sciences 202
- “History of Social Movements from 1960 to 1980,” Article, Matthew Pratt Guterl ed., Encyclopedia of the Modern World, 2008.
- Joseph Fry, Debating Vietnam: Fulbright, Stennis, and The Senate Hearings, 2006, Review for Pacific Historical Review 2007.
- Jonathan Nashel, Edward Lansdale’s Cold War, 2005, Review for Pacific Historical Review, 2006.
- “The Illusion of Progress: CORDS and the American Struggle for Modernization in South Vietnam, 1965-1968,” Pacific Historical Review, February 2006.
- “Nation Building in Vietnam: A Historiography,” Pacific Historical Review, August 2005.
- Brenda Gayle Plummer, ed., Window on Freedom: Race, Civil Rights, and Foreign Affairs, 1945-1988, 2003, Review for Kentucky Historical Society (Centennial Edition).
- “Robert Sargent Shriver,” Entry, The Scribner Encyclopedia of American Lives, ed. William O’Neill, 2003.
- “James A. Baldwin,” Entry, The Scribner Encyclopedia of American Lives, ed. William O’Neill, 2003.
- “The Cold War, 1947-1972,” Entry, Encyclopedia of Espionage, Intelligence, and Security, St. James Press/Macmillan Publishing, 2003.